Boat Ramp Advice?

Any general discussion related to the swim.Any general discussion related to the swim.
cjc_rotto

Boat Ramp Advice?

Post by cjc_rotto »

Could anyone please provide any feedback on likely boat ramp congestion on the morning of the event? We will be most likely launching out support boat from the ramp in East Fremantle next to Leeuwin Barracks. Is there normally large congestion at this ramp and is parking likely to be available, or should we be making alternate arrangements for launching or vehicle/trailer parking on that morning. Our team is Bunbury based so we are not familiar with how busy that ramp can get on race day?

If congestion is really bad, another option may be to launch on Friday night and drop anchor in the river somewhere, and pick up the rest of the crew in the morning?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Norm

Re: Boat Ramp Advice?

Post by Norm »

Hi Chris, we will be driving up from Mandurah on the morning of the swim and I have exactly the same concern that you expressed. I hope someone gives us some feed back. Norm
tsmal2001

Post by tsmal2001 »

Yes it is busy but if you are there with plenty of time you will be ok. There is usually plenty of parking if you are early and make sure you have your number showing so you can push in if you are running late. People will let you in if they are swimming after you. It would be quite hard to anchor in the river overnight.
Maxbicyclemax

Post by Maxbicyclemax »

East Fremantle boat ramp will most definitely be extremely busy. And there is no chance you won't get a ticket unless you are parked in a proper parking bay.
If you are coming from the south can I suggest Woodmans Point boat ramp. Free, loads of parking and about 8 ramps.
The catch? It's approximately 10nm from the Cottesloe start line.
Max